Friday, May 22, 2009

HCg Q & A:

Okay, I've never had that many emails and comments about a post before. So, to answer some questions.

HCg is a pregnancy hormone, but it doesn't make you feel pregnant. It's the hormone that makes your body feed baby first and you second, so fat gets burned first, not stored, and you use up your "reserves."

Second question, nope, no pics yet. I hated getting my pic taken in college when I was sort of skinny, I like it even less now. We'll see, maybe later.

Thirdly, while I admit that HCg is good whether you are trying to lose 15 lbs. or 300 lbs., it is not for everyone. It can be discouraging, especially for women because during the mid to end section your weight will tend to wavier up and down slightly or you will stall. It stinks, but I realized that even though the scale wasn't dropping, the inches still were. Also, you really have to be truly ready to change your eating completely and STICK TO IT! Commitment is key. NO CHEATING, not even a little, or it doesn't work. I prefer to think of it as, "I won't eat that," instead of, "I can't eat that." Plus, even if you just want to lose that last stubborn 15 from the baby or whatever, you still have to complete the entire course. You would probably lose that in the first two weeks, but you would still have to finish the course (another 4 weeks) or it will come right back. However, it is fast. I would much rather do this over 6-8 months than try the traditional 2-3 years it would probably take me.

Fourth question, a little personal, you know who you are... Yes, T loves it. Nothing like massive weight loss to make your hubby remember how cute you are! :) He has been very supportive. He makes dinner a lot because I have days where I really don't want to look at other food. Plus, I would never let him buy clothes for me before because it was just too embarrassing. I am at a size now where I am okay with it. Not thrilled, but okay, and I'll get there.

Fifth question. Yes, you can gain it all back, if you revert to starches and fats and all that lovely stuff. Eventually, I will be able to eat what I want, but I also know what it will do to me and how hard I will have to work to burn it off. And that M&M is just not worth is to me anymore.

Good luck! Let me know if you try it, or what other stuff has worked for you! Thanks for all the support. I love you guys too.

1 comment:

Brian and Alicia said...

Wow that is so awesome! Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see the changes, man it really has been forever since I have seen you.