Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Girlie Girl Hair

I am delving into uncharted territory and actually trying to do something with K's mullet. You would think that growing up in a house full of girls, I might know something about doing hair. But let's face facts, I'm a tomboy at heart (much to T's dismay), and hair and make-up have never really been my thing. I found some rather cute and informative sites on how to do baby girl hair. I swear, you really can find anything on the Internet. Her hair actually didn't turn out too bad for a first attempt, so of course I have to share. This is her running away from me while I try to take a picture. I know you've been there too.... C tried to help keep her still by making silly faces.
K joined in.....
TA DA! I know...you are all very impressed. Not perfect, but not too shabby for a first try.
Right after the pic, she immediately started rubbing her head into the couch. Little girls with just fixed hair are drawn to static-filled couches in the same way that gravity is an unchanging and irresistible force. By the time she wakes up from her nap her cute knots will be gone, but at least I have the pictures.

4 comments:

April said...

Way to go Aim. Just wait until she has an opinion and doesn't like the way you do her hair! -April

The Cullimore's said...

Her hair looks so cute!! I made a rule that I only fixed Grace's hair once and then I allowed one refix. I was always reputting in clips or ponytails and I never went anywhere to show it off. Vanity is only important to women. Little girls don't care. I am not sure when their hair stays put...hopefully soon!!

Crystal said...

It's a good thing I have two little boys. I have no idea how to do hair. I've tried on my niece and failed. I don't think the internet would be enough help for me.
We're most likely done with having kids, but I've always felt that if I have three kids it would be three boys. If we had a girl I would be downright shocked and life would be very different.

Mama Cat said...

I am SO impressed that she actually let you do that!! It's a miracle if Catherine holds still for 2 minutes to get her hair done, and even more of a miracle if she doesn't scream the entire time. I don't know how to do girls' hair either, and it's probably fine b/c she never wants it done. Never mind that she can't see...details, details!