Tuesday, December 8, 2009

You're It!

ChRisTMas TaG
1. Have you started your Christmas shopping? Started yes, finished no. Cameron is done, Kaylee is probably done, Tyson is no where near done, Trent is maybe done, neighbors are done (I should clarify. In our neighborhood a few families are awesome enought to collect food from everyone and take it to the food bank; we do this instead of neighbor gifts), but extended family...my nieces and one nephew are done, but that's it. However, I already do have Mike's birthday present for tomorrow.
2. Tell me about one of your special traditions.
My favorite is when Santa flies over on Christmas Eve and drops pajamas and a highway flare in the backyard and leaves a note telling us that he's flown over once and if we're not in bed the next time he flies over we're getting nothing for Christmas. (Santa's notes were more and more obscene the older we were. You MUST believe to recieve). And I love that we open the presents one at a time. This is my sister's answer, but these are my favorite parts too. Those and the nativity that Mom made when I was little. I love seeing it every year.
3. When do you put up your tree?
Right after Thanksgiving. Usually the Saturday after, this year it was Sunday.
4. Are you a Black Friday shopper?
Completely! I love watching the "Crazies" every year at Walmart.
5. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home?
We swap years. One in Bountiful, the next at our house with Trent's family (we do it at our house because we have room for everyone to sleepover).
6. What is your funniest Christmas memory?
I remember Grandma yelling at Brandon to stop riding the porcelain elephants they got when they lived in Indonesia and sit down and open his present. She probably threw in a, "Crimany!"
7. What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time?
I love the original Miracle on 34th Street with Natalie Woods in it. Dad always has to watch It's a Wonderful Life and Trent starts watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation on Thanksgiving and doesn't stop until he's forced.
8. Do you do your own Christmas baking?
Duh. It's another Hannaman tradition. Piles and piles of gallon sized plastic bags filled with fudge, butterscotch cookies, and divinity (I don't like divinity, but I love that my grandma and mom and aunt always made it. I might try it this year). Plus, Trent always makes magic cookie bars (his favorite).
9. Fake or real tree?
FAKE! For sure. And it wasn't our tree that had the spiders, it was a guys at Trent's work. We just found an unhatched egg sack one year (the next year we bought the fake tree). Plus, you have to love the whole prelit thing.
10. What day does the actual panic set in to get it all done?
This year...two days before Black Friday when I realize I had zero shopping done.
11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
You've got to have something to do after the kids go to bed right?
12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas?
We read lots of books at our house, and at Christmas we add a Christmas book every night. Of course I have that many Christmas books. Don't you?
13. What Christmas Craft do you like the best?
I love the stuff the kids bring home from school.
14. Christmas music? Yes or no, and if yes, what is your favorite song?
Big YES! I love the BNL/Sarah McLachlan version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and the Judy Garland version of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and the Josh Groban song from Polar Express.
15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping?
Before Santa gets here.

So, if you read all this, TAG! You're it! Copy and post on your blog with your answers. Don't be a party pooper.....you know who you are. Just do it.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: