Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dilemma

I am at a loss. This is my Christmas present from Trent this year: my pretty kitchen backsplash which we have avoided putting in for a year and a half now. Done! Gorgeous, huh! Could he be cuter or more handy? I think not. So, here's the problem: It's done, up, and beautiful, now we have to grout. What color? I know, most people think grout only comes in white (this is what we call a contractor special at our house: a choice that all contractors use because they are men and don't know what else to do. Cheapest and easiest). The kind of grout Trent gets come in about thirty different colors. I've narrowed it down....but now I'm stuck. Help!
We have Summer Tan, which matches that one yellowish tile perfectly, but remember, the grout will fill in all the little holes in limestone tiles. Do I want yellowish holes on my pretty tile? I don't know?
This is Chamois. Very neutral.
Darkest of the bunch: Mocha.
So it's down to Mocha, Chamois, Summer Tan, or Biscuit (I would normally consider this off white to be a contractor special, but I am thinking it might make the glass tile look really good?). What's your favorite? Let me know! I'm getting desperate. Trent has a big cabinet order starting soon and if this tile doesn't get grouted this week, it could be another year and a half before it's done!

9 comments:

JaNae said...

My vote is for chamois or mocha. I'm no pro but I'd be very leery of the yellow tint. Good luck! It looks great!

Macy said...

I like the mocha and it all looks SO nice. You're a lucky girl!

Sarah said...

i vote for chamois... i want to come over and see it when it is done! :)

Amy said...

Mocha!!! It will make the tile pop! And not pop out of the wall because that wold be a bad thing, ha ha! Good job Trent!!!

Nicole said...

I think I'd do Mocha or biscuit. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Roseanne said...

I think the Mocha. I hate making decisions, it's a good idea to get a group vote :)

Rileys said...

Love them all, but mocha is my pick

Crystal said...

Wow, the tile looks beautiful!
My vote is for mocha is biscuit. Sorry, I hate making decisions about things like that too and I can't narrow it down to one.

Stephens Family said...

Beautiful job, Trent (everything you do turns out great)! I understand your dilemma - it's hard making decisions! But chamois or mocha would blend maybe a little better. We chose the darkest grout for our bathroom tile and just love it - plus it's easier to keep looking clean!! Good luck - post some pics when it's all done!